2/1/10

Monday Morning Check-in

Happy halfway point, hotties!
Hope you all had a great weekend! Tell us how much you're up or down
in weight AND measurements! I can't wait to hear :) Your measurements
are a more accurate gauge of the awesome changes happening in you!
What's your game plan for this week?

15 comments:

  1. Compared to two weeks ago when I officially checked in, I'm up 1.1 lbs. I'm pretty much at my goal weight, so that doesn't matter so much to me- the fluctuations up & down will happen- I'm getting more solid and less gooey, so that's what I'm focused on. My body has reached it's happy homeostasis weight range :) The measurements are what have me excited! Since the start of this challenge 3 weeks ago:
    Waist= Down 1.5"!!!!!
    Hips= Down 1"
    Upper Arms= Down .5"
    Calf= Down .5"
    Bust (it's about time!), ribcage, & thighs the same

    Last week I went and got fitted for a new bra (b/c I hadn't in probably two years and I've lost 45ish lbs in the last 11 months). I was 2 cup sizes smaller! Whoa! But getting fitted into a bra that actually fits was such a 0. mood lifter .0 Hahaha! (Like my use of the sarcasm marks, Heidi, Jen, Abrey, Nicki, Leslie, & Valerie?) Glad to see no further shrinkage in that department :)

    Soooo excited! I've officially finished the first 4 weeks of P90X and start on the second training block today- pretty proud- I don't know if I really thought I could stick with it when I began it- so I'm extra pumped this morning that I've made it this far!

    My game plan for this week is going to be to stay busy. I wasn't busy enough this weekend, had a lot of down time, and discovered I was a ravenous kitchen stalker. So back to the routine this week which will help me make the smart food choices! Working on the recipe album in the evenings this week will also be a lot of fun for me. Easy running week, focusing more on my strength training and eating high protein (my weight in grams) and tons and tons of fruits/veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Sarah! Those measurements are fantastic!

    I'm down 2 more pounds.
    Measurements:
    .5" off waist
    .5" off belly button
    .5" off hip
    .67 off calf
    1" off thigh
    1" off arm

    Funny to me that my appendages lost more than my body. LOL!

    This week I'm going to get back to eating healthfully and try to go to the gym at least twice. My weight loss these past 2 weeks was due to home selling stress/not eating much at all. I want to keep it off and actually eat right.

    Make it a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My visitor is here, but I weighed anyway since I'm kind of at the tail end. I'm down 1 more pound. Progress is progress, even if it's small steps, right? I'm not doing measurements today, since I only just barely bought a tape measure last week. I took my "initial" measurements and will have to just wait to do the final measurements at the end of the 6 weeks.

    I went to the gym 4 times last week, which was up from the week before when my daughter was sick. I'm hoping to keep that up this week and keep going with the food choices.

    Keep up the good work and inspiration, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am down 3 more pounds!!! i'm going to continue the same this week. i need to be better about getting some kind of exercise in on saturday. we were super busy this past weekend. i feel it. here's to a great week ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry ladies, I've been horrible with check ins the last few weeks. Life has been crazy. I was determined to check in this week but loe and behold my body disagrees and my visitor is here.

    I guess I'm looking for advice. I live with my best friend and my daughter. Our arrangement is that I pay for electricity and such and my roommate buys food. It makes it really hard to stick with a plan for food since I don't do the shopping and I can't keep spending extra money to feed myself. I was doing ok for a while there but tis the time of the year when things get tighter moneywise for me.

    Any hints or tips cause I feel like I'm hitting a wall here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a bad week. I couldnt stop eating. I did exercise a lot though. So I gained just a little. According to myfitnesspal I have messured myself since November??? so anyways this is what I lost since November.

    Neck .5
    Waist 1.5
    Hips .5
    Chest 1
    Arms stayed same
    Thighs 6.5 (I think something is wrong there)
    Calves stayed same

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! Way to go ladies, so proud of you all!!! You guys are doing so good, keep it up!

    I just realized that I forgot to report my weight last Monday (probably because it wasn't good) but I had gained 1.2 lbs :( and today when I weighed in I am down .6 lbs! :) But what I am really excited to report are my measurements!!!

    neck - down .25"
    bust - down .5" (darn! not too happy about that)
    ribs - down 1"
    waist - down 1"
    lower abs - down 1"
    hips - down .25"
    thighs - down .5"
    calf - down .75"
    bicep - down .25"

    My goal this week is to keep working out like I did last week and to do better about not eating after 7 pm and to drink more water! Also, I need to do better on the weekends. I notice that I do really good throughout the week and then the weekend hits and I undo all my hard work! Anyone else have problems with this? Any tips?

    Shanda, I understand your problem, that is a dilemma. What if you and your roommate switch and she could pay for the electricity, etc. and then you could buy the food? Or you could split it and pay half the bills and half the food that way you have control over what you are eating. Or maybe you could invite her to join our group and then you would both be on the same page :) Hope that helped, maybe some of the other ladies have some other good ideas. Hang in there, it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in Cherise's boat today. I'll weigh in and do measurements next Monday. Great job everyone!!

    My goals for myself this week are to break a sweat every day this week! I'm also going to get more water in and more veggies!

    Keep up the great work everyone and ...
    CONGRATULATIONS TO SARAH!!!!!!!!!! - for reaching her goal weight! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great great great work everyone! I'm enjoying a little visitor this week so I'll have to check in next week. I'm not sure about measurements - I hope it's ok if I just do that next week, too. Not feeling too thin right about now!

    Plan for this week is to keep getting up early to work out and get my morning routine done before breakfast with kids. AND to snack on veggis more!!! I like them when I eat them, I just need to remember to reach for the vegis rather than a carby snack. I can really feel the difference in my body when I snack on fruits and vegis, so that's my motivation! Feel good! Look ahead at what makes me feel good and make those choices proactively!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am down .8 this week, which I am satisfied with. I ate out a few times last week but still stayed under my calorie count every day, so I am thrilled. I ran 5 times last week so I hope I can keep it up again this week!

    Unfortunately I haven't picked myself up a tape measure so I don't have measurements to report, but I'll do my best tonight and get some original numbers written down.

    This week we are going to try and eat more fresh fruits and veggies. I only grocery shop once every two weeks so when I near the end of the shopping cycle the vegetables and fruit we get is mostly canned or frozen, and not nearly as tasty.

    Good luck with a new week everyone! I am motivated by all your numbers and measurements!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I have my visiter this week, but I'm checking in any way, and I am the same as last week. I'm ok with this b/c I am feeling great with at total of 4lbs lost so far. I haven't been measuring myself, but I am starting to see a difference!

    Last week was not the best for me. I got a pretty bad cold that drained my energy, and I didn't work out the second half of the week. This week I plan on hitting it hard. My goal is to do something active every day; whether it be just walking or a work out DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lost 3 pounds this week. And I was able to exercise more! Exercising seemed to make me feel really good-- I resolve to do even more this week.

    Measurements: down everywhere except the chest (blame the breastfeeding!)

    Waist 2.25 (attempting to undo the pregnancy body :))
    Hips 1
    Upper Thigh 1.25
    Lower thigh .5
    Arm 1
    Ribcage 1.5

    I really like what Sarah said about less gooey and more solid-- that's what I want too. I have a question for Sarah (and everyone). How did you decide what your target weight was? The range for a healthy BMI is fairly big (no pun intended). How did you decide what to aim for?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm at a little bit of a weight plateau, but that's ok I think I'm coming to the end of it. My measurements make me happy!

    Bust -1.25"
    Neck same
    Arm -.25"
    Chest same
    Waist -1"
    Lower abs -.5"
    Hips -.5"
    Thigh -.25"
    Calf +.5 (this could be water retention from being at work all weekend)

    My plan for this week is to track my food. I've not been good about that this challenge and my weight loss is showing it. I go back to my regular work schedule with long stretches off after this next weekend and I'm really looking forward to it!

    Here's to a good week!!

    Shanda, Have you talked to your friend about your commitment to eating healthier? Maybe the two of you could do some meal planning together before she goes to the store. I know that when I do that, I actually save money because I don't get distracted by the "shinny objects" (otherwise know as not so good for me food) at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so impressed by all of you! WOW!

    Jen R- you and your skinny little extremeties :) Must be all that downward dog & yoga!

    Cherise- progress IS progress :) It's a marathon, not a sprint. Yay you for hitting your workout goals! That's awesome!

    Allison- wow! You're a weight loss machine!

    Shanda- hang in there, babe! I hope you can experiment with some of the girls' tips & suggestions for your healthy eating budget. You're heading in the right direction! Dancing is still progress!

    Jeanie- yay for getting in a lot of exercise this week! You and your shrinking little waistline :) Go get 'em, Tiger!

    Kim- your measurements are fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself! Wow! Another notch on the belt :)

    Meghan- look out, everyone! The last time Meghan said she was going to break a sweat every day that week she dropped a gazillion lbs! GO GO GO! You can do it, Meghan! Sweat it out! (minus the ugly mental imagery I just got of Richard Simmons sweating in little striped boy shorts & suspenders :) ) hahahaha

    Marianne- your healthy advertisement for snacking on veggies inspires me! Keep on leading the charge for us all!

    Heidi- great progress! And you hit your goal for workouts! Yay, you! I do a lot of frozen veggies during the winter and it works out great. I love the Target brand Archer Farms steamed broccoli florets with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar or the Archer Farms steamed asparagus spears with a sprinkle of grated parmesean.

    Leah- I hope you're feeling better! It's a bummer when getting sick de-rails you :( Good for you with a new goal of sweating every day this week! You & Meghan are on the same wavelength!

    Leslie- HOLY MOLY, Leslie!!!! You've hit your 10 lb goal halfway through the challenge!!!! WHOA!!!!! You're my hero!!!!!!! And I think the 2.25" off the waist in 3 weeks is a Ten in Six record (just a guess, but dang, girl!)!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    Amy- you're a whittling-away diva! Wow! Good work on the continued shrinking measurements! You should be so excited and proud of yourself!

    You girls did so great! Jenn F, Gail, Ashley, Cheryl, Maggie, Michele, Red Hot, Tara, & Valerie....we miss you & want to hear from you! Hope things are going well for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So great ladies!!!! Sorry I haven't been jumping into the conversations, been a tad busy. :). I'm happily the same weight I was two weeks ago. No gain, no loss, so it could be worse! I'll get there! So inspired by you all!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.