2/18/10

Feel the Burn Thursday!

Work out, you shrinking divas, you!

What ways have you been burning those muscles, melting that fat, breaking that sweat?????? 

Let us all know what workouts you've been doing.  Anything new?  Even if it's the same ol' same ol', let us know what you're up to!

I heard Ashley has been busting a killer move w/ a neighbor workout buddy to The Biggest Loser workout DVDs.  GO ASHLEY GO!!!!!

The new issue of Fitness just graced my mailbox yesterday.  Front cover was "Yes, You Can Run a Half-Marathon"  All about setting a goal for your first race and an 8 week schedule for building up your ability to run that distance.  Have any of you set race goals (for any kind of distance)?  What are your race goals coming up this year?  I find an impending deadline like a race is a fun and great tool for getting you to workout.  Something fun to look forward to!

4 comments:

  1. I have made it to the gym 4 times so far this week and will possibly even be able to go tomorrow too! I usually volunteer in the school on Friday mornings and don't make it to the gym, but school is off tomorrow (teacher work day, I think?), so I'm going to try to make it to the gym after all. Monday, I did Body Combat. Tuesday and Wednesday, I did Body Vive. And today, I did Body Combat again. I was a little stressed this morning about some stuff going on at home and it felt really good to go punch and kick the air! LOL! Seriously though, it helped.

    As far as races go, I have absolutely no desire to ever run a race. So I don't have any race goals in mind. But - just keeping on working out, building muscles, and hopefully shrinking my body a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been running pretty much every workout, which has been great! I finally got to the point to where I feel like I run forever! It's the greatest feeling ever! My goal was to run 30 minutes sraight and on Monday I finally did it!

    Cherise it's funny about you kicking and punching the air when you workout, because I always listen to my angry music when I'm running. Really gets my adrenaline pumping you know?

    I am planning on running Crazylegs in April, but I just got my husband on MFP so I'm hoping he can join me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My workouts have been, what I would call fluffy this week. I worked out on the elliptical over the weekend. I had a 2 mi run on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, I woke up feeling sick, so I haven't done anything since then. I have a 3 day work weekend coming up and I'm trying to rest as much as possible so as not to get more sick before the end of that. I am going to do some strength training exercises in front of the tv tonight.

    Sarah, I would love to have that issue after you're done with it! That's exactly what I want to do next - a 1/2 marathon. I haven't found one I'd like to do yet, but I will. I love having the deadline of a race day coming up and the feeling of race day can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, thanks Sarah! I've been enjoying the Biggest Loser Workouts ever M, W & F. Sadly, today was my last Hip Hop class, so I need to find a replacement ASAP. Has anyone tried Zumba?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.