1/4/10
Monday Morning Check-In
Good morning, ladies! I can’t believe that this six week challenge has already drawn to a close! Thank you so much to those of you who participated. You’ll never know how much your uplifting comments, tips, tricks, and encouragement inspired me. It excites me every day! I love this blog and this group of ladies. It fills my heart & helps fulfill me. I am EXTRA impressed that you all did this challenge during the most challenging season of the year, chock full with THREE+ holidays! Wow! Even if you didn’t hit what you want to hit, you should be so thrilled and proud of yourself that you even attempted a fitness and weight loss regime during this time. You balk in the face of challenges- GO YOU, girl!
I am very excited to hear how you all have done! Let us know the total change #’s over this 6 weeks. How much is your weight different? How many inches did you shed & from where? Do you feel any different?
GREAT JOB, EVERYONE!
Next challenge will start in one week, on Monday January 11th, so grab your girls & get them on board :) I will post an explanatory intro post for new folks this week.
Dr. Robert K. Cooper: Spend 10% of your time on feed back (what went right or what went wrong?) and 90% of your time on feed forward (from this moment on, what am I going to do?). Focus on the present & focus on the forward!
Tips for a Positive New Year from Jon Gordon (I picked & chose my favorites for you gals):
· Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can know that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
· Take a morning walk of gratitude. It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
· Transform adversity into success by deciding that change is not your enemy but your friend. In the challenge discover the opportunity.
· Make a difference in the lives of others.
· Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
· Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
· Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
· Live with the 3 E's. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
· Remember there’s no substitute for hard work.
· Instead of complaining focus on solutions. It’s the key to innovation.
· Learn from mistakes and let them teach you to make positive changes.
· Focus on “Get to” vs “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
· Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
· Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































I'm going to check-in w/ my #s tomorrow (long story, but our heat isn't working right, & there's no way in heck I am going to stand naked on a scale in a 40 degree home...)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear throughout the day, though, how incredible you all did!
Aunt Flo's in town. I'll weigh in next Mon. and post my results.
ReplyDeleteI've officially lost nothing this 6 weeks! Yup, that big crisco heart has found its home back on my middle. lovely. ;) I'm grateful I didn't gain so that's certainly positive! I can see the light at the end of this crazy tunnel I'm in right now, so I'm looking forward to getting to this dang goal weight! It will happen! Just........not this last 6 weeks! :) I really like the 10% of dwelling on what didn't work and 90% on what the future will hold and being positive in it! Very nicely put! Hope you guys did better than I did! Sarah, come stay at my house if you need somewhere warm until you figure out the heating issue! That's a coooooold house! brrrrrr
ReplyDeleteGood news is that my hips are down over and inch, thighs are down nearly an inch. Those are my target areas so I'm very very happy to see them down a bit.
ReplyDeleteMy weight is actually up 2 pounds, for a total loss of 1 pound this 6 weeks. Not so much. I'm disappointed, but Im excited that my plan of attack keeps getting better and better.
I'm happy and proud that I'm a bit thinner, despite the lack of drop in weight. I'm proud of my workouts, and look forward to seeing what results will come as I focus on my diet during the next challenge.
Wait!! I actually did lose 1 pound! Probably all muscle, but hey it's something. :) Trying to be positive here...... :)
ReplyDeleteMarianne, you look AMAZING, you should be incredibly proud of all you're doing! You've probably gained muscle, especially since your measurements are down!
I made it to 10# this 6 weeks!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI measured 8 different spots this challenge and I am down a total of 4.25 inches the largest changes being 1 inch in both my bust and chest/rib cage.
I'm very happy with my progress, and I can't wait to start again next week!!!
I think I am going to do a detox in the next couple of weeks.
I'm so proud of all of us for sticking with this through the holidays, and family visits and moving! You are all amazing women! In the words of my husband yesterday while I was mopping the floor "You Rock"!!!
Way to go everyone! You DO all ROCK!! 10 pounds is FANTASTIC, Amy! Marianne... the measurements say it all: clearly you lost fat, gained muscle, so no worries. Nicki, great job not gaining... that's amazing given the stress you're under right now.
ReplyDeleteMy results: no loss this week, BUT if you had seen all the not-so-healthy food in our home on New Year's Eve/Day, you'd understand. I'm very happy I didn't gain. So that puts me at a total of 8 pounds lost for the 6 weeks. I'm happy with that. I'll be back next Monday ready to go. And I'm buying a new digital scale to make my measurements more accurate. Great job everyone!
I'm down 6 lbs for the 6 weeks and I can't complain about that. Ready for next week and more dedicated than ever to get beat up by Jillian Michaels.
ReplyDeleteI like the post, thanks Sarah! The scale has fluctuated with me over this challenge and I am sad to report I lost a whopping 1 pound this challenge. That's ok, its a lose not a gain. I attribute it to being off for 2 weeks and being lazy. My running has picked up so next challenge I will lose more
ReplyDeleteWow, nice job everyone!!!!
ReplyDeleteWeight down a total of 4.9 lbs for this challenge. Hips down 1/2". Upper arms down 1/4". Bust down 1.5". Thigh down 3/4". Bum down 1". No change in waist, ribcage, calf, or neck.
Not my best 10 in 6 as far as hitting my goals, but I'll definitely take what I can get and be happy with it!!!! The overall #s from the start last Feb inspire me and push me :)
I am so proud of all of you who did so well! I'm serious when I say you should be so thrilled and proud of yourselves for even having attempted this!!!!
Great work ladies!! You are all so inspiring and motivating in your strides to be better. I completely forgot about yesterday so I did my measurements today. The results for the entire 6weeks is
ReplyDeleteWeight: down 7pounds
Measurements down:
Neck .5
Waist 2.5
Hips 2
Belly Button area 2.5
Ribs 1.5
I was so worried that I had fallen off track and had not hit my weight goal but after taking measurements I am so uplifted by the change!! I just ordered a new swimsuit for my cruise and I can't wait for it to arrive. I CAN NOT believe I just said that!! I have always dreaded swimsuits! Thank you so much Sarah and everyone for you support and motivation to keep challenging excuses!!!
WOW!!!! ABREY!!!! I'm so pumped for you!
ReplyDeleteI am amazed by all of you fabulous women! Do you know that we all lost a total of 43.9 lbs in this challenge?! That's AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteI was finally able to kick Aunt Flo to the curb and I weighed in this morning. I lost 2 lbs for the last week! I'm super psyched about that number! The biggest reason for my excitement is that I cheated and weighed myself on Monday morning like most of the rest of you did and it was not good. (I know not to weigh myself on my period, but sometimes I just can't help myself:) The scale said I was up 5 lbs. That's right FIVE lbs. But, when I got on the scale this morning, only two days later, I'd lost the "five" and two more! I will never understand that scale!
So, it goes to show that our bodies fluctuate wildly sometimes. It's a good lesson to me not to let myself get pulled into sadness b/c of the numbers on the scale. If we're facing in the right direction all we have to do is keep on walking, right?! -no matter what some silly scale says!
Abrey, you're amazing! You're going to look dazzling in that new suit! -and feel even better in it!
Sarah, you are a weight loss machine!! I will jump on the "become a life coach" bandwagon too! You are SUCH an inspiration to all of us.
Tara, imagine what 1 lb. of butter looks like. That's how much you've lost! That's really great!! Stick with it! You can do it!!
Red Hot, I'm also looking forward to some new Jillian in my life as the Biggest Loser started up again last night! Working out while watching that show is awesome, BTW!
Jen, wow!! 8 lbs!! Sweeeeeet! Keep up the awesomeness that you've been doing cuz it's working for you!
Amy C, 10 lbs!!!!! Yeah! It must be all that running you did with those "I love the cold" runners! :) I just passed my 10 lb mark and this is my 3rd 10 in 6. You're incredible!
Marianne, I have no idea where you're pulling that 2 lbs from! You look hot!
Nicki, with all you've got going on with the changes in your life right now, it's astounding that you've lost one lb! If it were me, I think I'd be gaining like crazy from stress! Good for you!!
See you on the 11th ladies!!