If you're bored with your workout, try Googling some new moves, taking a class at the gym you've never tried, or borrowing a workout DVD from a friend who's tired of it. Here's the workout page from Prevention with some good strength training ideas, since we talked about that a lot before this session. There are even a couple of free iPod download workouts! 1/28/10
Feel the Burn Thursday
Good morning, slimming divas!
What workouts have you done this week (be specific so we can all get good fresh ideas)????
If you're bored with your workout, try Googling some new moves, taking a class at the gym you've never tried, or borrowing a workout DVD from a friend who's tired of it. Here's the workout page from Prevention with some good strength training ideas, since we talked about that a lot before this session. There are even a couple of free iPod download workouts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























Last Saturday was the team marathon relay, so I obviously ran. This is my recovery week (4th) of P90X where things aren't focused on specific muscle groups but more on total body cardio. It goes 3 weeks intense, 1 week recover, repeated 3 times. Sunday I did a P90X Kenpo workout (kickboxing). Monday I did a P90X yoga workout. Tuesday I did a short run and did a P90X core workout. Yesderday I did a medium run and did a P90X Kenpo workout (kickboxing again). Tonight I'm going to do a short run. Friday I'm going to do P90X cardio. Saturday I'm going to do a medium run and P90X yoga or maybe I'll try Bikram (hot room yoga) at a local studio again since it's been 6 months since I last gave that a shot....
ReplyDeleteI also ran part of the team marathon along with being pretty sick so this has been my recovery week. I tried to workout on Monday morning and paid the price for it the rest of the day. Tuesday I went for a short run to work out the soreness in my muscles. Wednesday light strenght training and eliptical hill intervals (had to go a few levels down than usual). Then today I am happy to say I was able to run!!!! My quad are still a little tight which I think is odd but it felt good. My new shoes came and I forget what a difference good cushioning makes for me. Tomorrow will be strength training and eliptical hill interval at higher leve and then deep cleaning my entire house. Then Saturday I will be in the car driving all day. Tomorrow I will be taking measurements and weighing in then I will not be checking in for a week or so since I will be on a CRUISE!!!! Keep up the phenomal work everyone!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been doing well with the gym this week (no strep throat kids!). I did Body Combat on Monday and Body Vive on Tuesday and Wednesday. Today, I'm planning to go to water aerobics. I love the variety of the Body Combat and Body Vive classes - I just started going to the Body Vive a couple weeks ago.
ReplyDeletei've been doing the same leslie sansone walking dvd. it is called walk slim- 4 really big miles. i have worked my way up to the 4th mile this week. the 4th mile has added a band workout with it and is giving me a little bit of strength workout with it. tomorrow i will go back to the track and do a jog/walk workout for 3 miles. saturday i will workourt with trainer bob from the biggest loser yoga dvd.
ReplyDeleteI also did the run on Saturday, and I think I'm still feeling it. Monday, my hip flexors hurt so much I had a very unsuccessful run on the treadmill. Tuesday morning I swam. The majority of the workout was pulling (swimming with arms only) My inner thighs were killing me from holding the pull buoy for an hour. Tuesday Tim and I also had our date. We went snowboarding. Wow, that's a workout! I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to ride my bike today. I go back to work tonight so It'll be the bike this weekend as well.
Have a wonderful trip Abrey!!!
This coming Monday represents the halfway point in the challenge & the time to measure (thanks for the reminder, Abrey)! I've heard that it takes a full 6 weeks for something to become a habit, so hang in there and stay determined!
ReplyDeleteAbrey- I am so glad you're feeling better and your dedication to strength training inspires me to do better in that area! Good for you! Have fun on that cruise ship :)
Cherise- Body Combat? Body Vive? Those sound like hard core classes! I'm glad you found some fun new classes :) Great job on a great week!
Allison- You've made such great strides in that walking program (har har har) :) You're going to be walking a marathon in no time! I've never tried an outdoor track at a school...maybe I should! It would be good for speed work I think. And I LOVE the BL workout DVDs, too :) Good for you getting in such great workouts this week!
Amy- WHOA, lady! Reading your comment made me tired :) You are a workout blasting machine! I love how you're now planning in advance calorie-burn-wise for work weekends. You motivate me to get on my bike/trainer! I think when I try snowboarding, I'm going to be spending a lot of the time getting up from the ground :) Good work, Amy!
You girls are so AMAZING! Keep up the intensity and DEDICATION! Re-read your reasons for doing this challenge and what your reward is going to be when you hit whatever goal it is you've set for yourself :)
Wow! I am SOOO proud of all you ladies! Sounds like there is some major working out and sweating going on and I am just so impressed. And congratulations to all you ladies who ran in the marathon relay, how awesome!
ReplyDeleteSo this week, I'm pretty proud of myself too. I have stepped up the number of days I have worked out. This last weekend we went bowling with our girls as part of our active date. Monday I did a spin cycle class, Tuesday I did pilates and then today I did the reformer machine. I need to get caught up on Biggest Loser so maybe I will do some workouts in between commercials and then tomorrow I'm either going to do an abs n buns aerobics class or a pump FX class. And Saturday....well I'm still trying to muster up some courage to learn how to ski so we'll see how that goes but if that doesn't happen then I am going to go to Zumba.
Keep challenging those excuses ladies! We can do it!
You women are working out like CRAZY! AWESOME!! Keep up the totally incredible work!
ReplyDeleteI did the relay also last Saturday. I took the dogs for a 35 min. run on Tues. I played with my new Wii Fit yesterday - so fun! Today, I'm going to try and get in a Zumba DVD I got from the library and hop on my elliptical this weekend.
I've been sleeping a lot this week. My visitor is here and she ALWAYS wears me out! :) I'm lucky to have the time for extra naps.
Make it a great weekend!
I'm sorry to say my workouts have been a little boring this week. I've run a couple of miles on the treadmill every day this week, which has been great. I am working towards my goal of running an entire 30 minutes on the treadmill at once. I'm getting close!
ReplyDeleteI try to do a little strength exercises (mostly bicep and tricep curls) every other day or so.
I think the kids are getting a little bored of the YMCA child watch, so I am going to do a workout video tonight (Cardio bootcamp on exercisetv.tv) and jump on the trampoline during the commercials of whatever TV I watch tonight. It will be nice to mix things up a little!
I am so inspired by everyone's workouts! I really like running right now, but I'm sure I will lose steam in a few weeks so it's nice to have a few other ideas out there.