11/10/09
Tuesday Motivation
We all fight our own battles, but check out this article about getting back on the bandwagon after a setback: Dieting Setbacks: How to Get Back on Track After Regaining Weight. Again, the best measurements of progress are not the scale but the way clothes fit and how your body measures. Don't despair if you've gained- we all have weeks like that. Don't use one rough weigh-in as an excuse to let the whole week spiral down the loo- you can start fresh right away. You are in charge of your decisions and your body. Don't be so rough on yourself- you're all pretty darn awesome :) It's a marathon, not a sprint. She who holds on longest will hit her goals and find success :) Here's to a great last week!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























Hang in there, ladies!!! Make today a great day- just focus on one day at a time instead of a whole week at once.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement!
ReplyDeleteLet's all be thinking of each other today and, in turn, remember that the group is thinking of me. And be uplifted!
Great article. I've decided that gaining weight can be a ligitimate part of losing weight. An off weigh in could mean all kinds of things besides failure. It could mean: muscle is being built, water weight, body adjusting to new diet, lifestyle changes, etc.
ReplyDeleteI was pretty upset yesterday about gaining 2 lbs., but today I have a new attitude and a new plan. I'm going to keep running and working out hard and I'm going to increase my water intake and try to get more variety in my diet. Next weigh in, I should kill it!
One day at a time. We can't fail if we keep moving in the right direction ladies!
I enjoyed the article Sarah. It's funny, but I have experienced the loss on the scale as a trigger to over eat. Not so much the last several weeks, but in the past.
ReplyDeleteI think I have had a real change during this challenge. I'm more focused on choosing healthy food and getting active than dropping the pounds. I felt the difference this weekend. There were so many goodies, but I was able to stop and think about what I was choosing to eat. Before I would have just eaten everything without a thought.
I love this group and I'll miss it even if it's only for a week! Sarah, I'm sure this takes a lot of work on your part. Thank you for the effort! I know I'm not the only one that appreciates it.
Here's the info for the team marathon relay on Saturday Jan 23rd in Milwaukee, WI: http://www.indoormarathon.com/ Looks like there are still openings for the team marathons.
ReplyDeleteThank you all for being so positive. I really tried harder to eat better today. Dinner could have been better, but it was at my grandma's house and I didn't cook it.... so... ya know.
ReplyDeleteI fell straight on my knee cap this morning, and thought I crushed it... it's bruised pretty bad, so we'll see what happens with working out the rest of the week. It feels ok now, and thank goodness it wasn't serious!
Thanks Sarah for all you've done with this! It's amazing! Thanks everyone for your encouragement. It really means a lot to me!
Sarah F.- we definitely are all cheering each other on :) Meghan, I know you're going to kill it :) Your determination and resolve to push hard is inspiring. Amy C., I'll miss this, too, even if it is only on a break for a week. I'm so excited that you've noticed changes in your thought processes! Being aware of what we're thinking is the toughest part of breaking old habits and starting new healthy habits! Amy F., I hope your knee feels better soon! Try wearing volleyball knee pads next time you hit the Y :) jk
ReplyDelete