Snacks: How they fit into your weight-loss plan
The Healthy Snacks Blog
List of One Point Snacks
Snacks to Eat for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Snacks
Best Snacks for Weight Loss
When I'm at work, I usually don't sit down to a big lunch, but I just snack a few times throughout the day and it keeps the hunger beast at bay :) My favorite snack this week has been whole kosher dill pickles I picked up at the Farmer's Market. Yum! And only 5 calories for a whole one :) For you local madison folks, I got them from the Land of Oos Farm tent downtown- check 'em out :)

What are your favorite snacks?






























I am not good at eating great food...I believe it has been my downfall in the past. The calorie counting (amazing I know) is really making me lose weight. Eventually I need to be able to eat fewer calories and also eat things that are good for me. Perhaps even (gasp!) plan meals.
ReplyDeleteFresh fruit is surprisingly low in calories. I will do a lot of things for some fresh watermelon.
My favorite snack of all time is what I mentioned in my bio. I LOVE Kashi TLC chewy granola bars. They are a good dose of fiber and are very filling. They come in the yummiest of flavors like trail mix, dark chocolate with cherries, etc. My favorite is the dark mocha almond. -a snack and a dessert in one! I don't track my calories since I'm using Weight Watchers, but this snack is only 2 points which is great! I also really like Jello pudding snacks. 60 calories of pudding, can't beat that!
ReplyDeleteYou're funny Valerie. :) I have the same issue with meal planning. I admit that's my biggest weakness right now as a mom! I'll get there! :) I can't think of a favorite snack at the moment. I do the protein shakes at least once a day lately and have been eating grapes, bananas, nuts, or granola bar for the snacks. None are my favorite, just what's around. To be honest, a CANDY BAR is my favorite snack!!!!! :) I did break down and had one yesterday, so lets hope I don't gain back my 4 pounds because of it! :) ha ha I've got my time of the month coming up so that isn't helping this week! Keep going strong everyone!
ReplyDeleteI like things that I can make a lot of at once so then I can reheat later on (because I HATE to eat sandwiches for lunch but my kids LOVE them.) So today, I had cheesy chicken pot pie. yum! and only 340 calories! Here's a link to the recipe if your interested in trying it http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/cheesy-chicken-pot-pie-114144.aspx I did sub the 2% Velveeta and low sodium cream of chicken soup, and it tasted great and everyone LOVED it!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby made some low cal chicken enchiladas a few days ago and I have been enjoying those left overs for lunch this week! I have been snacking on clementines & grapes this week. I scored a big bag at Woodmans for $3.99!!! I have been trying to make the large part of my meals veggies, I slack when it comes to eating my veggies so this is a good thing for me to start doing this. My husband is getting annoyed because I am making him eat more veggies too!
ReplyDeleteYour pickles are mouth-watering. Love the jar.
ReplyDeleteWe have been eating lots of raw vegs from farmers' market and our gardens. Gotta pig out on fresh veggies in July and August!
(Oh, I guess it's September now...well, summer's not over yet!)
P.S. For that sweets craving that shows up every 4th Wednesday, I have some tiny (1" x 1.5") Lindt bars stashed in the basement. If I think I won't be satisfied with one of those because I want *more*, then a granola bar that has a lot of chocolate chips allows me to have a greater quantity. Try a "bad" granola bar like Trader Joe's Nutty Chocolate Chewy Coated & Drizzled Granola Bars--it's almost too chocolaty and seems like a candy bar! (140cal, 4g fat. Compare to a Snickers bar 280 cal, 14g fat.)
ReplyDeleteSarah....the pickles look amazing! Did you buy them in the jar with the herbs? I must get some!
ReplyDelete