11/16/09
Final Check-in!
It's the end of our 6 week challenge- how did everyone do? Both this
week and all around? I hope you are happy with your outcome :) Love
you all and have a wonderful day feeling invincibly proud of
yourselves!!!!!
week and all around? I hope you are happy with your outcome :) Love
you all and have a wonderful day feeling invincibly proud of
yourselves!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































This week I lost .4 lb and that puts me at 5.9 lost for this 6 week challenge. For measurements for just this last 3 weeks, I am down 1" in the waist, down 1" in the bust, down .5" on the neck, .25" off hips, and .5" off bum. I happy withy progress! Anything in the right direction is awesome! I only have 11.9 lbs left to lose and I've hit my final goal and will have lost 50 lbs total this year! I really want to hit it before Dec 31st :) thanks for all the support. You ladies are awesome!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, I had a small gain of .4 ounces. I'm glad it wasn't like last week! Overall, I lost 3 pounds through this challenge. I still didn't measure my other measurements, so next challenge I want to do that.
ReplyDeleteI have been dealing with a ton of stress and some seasonal depression trying to get to me, so I didn't do as well as I would have liked, but I'm happy that I lost something! Any step in the right direction is a step forward!
Sarah, you are amazing! I wish you were closer to be my personal trainer or something! But I love that you are doing this blog, and I look forward to participating in the next 6 weeks.
I need to share one thing I struggle with that I'm SURE no one else does...ha.... Whenever I start exercising, I feel totally famished and starving all the time! The first 2 weeks went well for me with this challenge, then I started getting those nagging hungry feelings all day long. How do I get rid of those? I was trying to eat right, so I'm not sure why I'm so hungry all the time. Anyway, does anyone else get that way? I just wish I didn't like to eat all the time! you ladies are great!
Well, good luck and we'll see you all in a few weeks!
Sorry Girls I havent been around much. Been busy with my job and baby and barely make it on to post on facebook. I lost 9lbs! Very happy with that. I had a while there where I gained a pound then lost it then maintained it so I got behind. I didnt loose anything on my neck but on my waist I lost 1.5 inches and the same with my hips! So that is cool. Congrats everyone!
ReplyDeleteHey ladies! Happy to report I lost 3 pounds this week! Funeral, staying up late nights with not much food etc. is what did it to me I think. I had gained 2 pounds the week before so in total I lost 6 pounds for this challenge. That's what I lost last challenge so I'm thinking that's just how my body does it. :) I'm very happy with that and am looking forward to the start of the next challenge. Good job everyone, this blog has made ALL the difference for me!!!! Thank you Sarah and each of you as well!! See you (on here) when we start up again!
ReplyDeleteJeanie- holy cow- 9 lbs- you rockstar you!!!! That's awesome! Amy F., you're making strides in the right direction, so don't be too hard on yourself. It takes a while to build habits back up and jumpstart your system and mind into thinking a particular way. When you had reached your goal weight a year or two ago and worked so hard to get there, just think how long that took and how habits take a while to ingrain into our systems. You're in the start up stages of weight loss again, so it's going to be very rocky. Hang in there and be proud of yourself that you're on the path to hitting your goals and be confident that you know what it takes via experience to hit your goals- and know you will hit them. As far as appetite after workouts, check out these two articles- they might help. http://www.tinajuanfitness.info/articles/082205.htm http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1914857,00.html
ReplyDeleteDo you think it's psychological (I deserve this) or physical (ravenous hunger)? If it's the latter, try what Kristin found works well for her, eating half an Odwalla bar (or any other energy bar) before working out and again after working out. Hang in there! You did a great job, Amy!
Great job, Nicki! Wow! I am so impressed, everyone :)
ReplyDeleteI lost another inch in my waist and 1/2 inch in my hips since the last measurements! Yea! I lost one pound this week, which puts me at 2 lbs. lost during this challenge. I'm excited to do better in the next challenge. THANK YOU SO MUCH SARAH FOR DOING ANOTHER ONE!!!
ReplyDeleteI think I'm in a muscle gaining mode right now and that's why my weight loss is low. My measurements keep dropping and that's what I'll focus on. :)
Great job everyone else! See you all very soon!
Nice job, Meghan! Way to whittle away at your waist and hips!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm down 4 pounds total for the 6 weeks. I have lost a total of 4.75 inches overall. 1.25 on my waist. 1" in the boobs. .75 in the thigh and calf. Plus a couple other spots I measured. I think I'll add my neck next time.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I've had great success this challenge. Maybe I only lost 4# but I am eating healthier, and exercising with more consistency!
I'm going to go for a run today and run the route I was did back in July when I first decided to start to run. I know I've made progress, but using that route will really show me how much!
Thank you Sarah, for the time and effort you put into this blog. It's amazing how you have impacted all of our lives.
I can't wait until next Monday to get started again!!
Have a wonderful week everyone!! Great job!
amy
Good job, Amy C! It was awesome seeing you out running yesterday :) Looking great!
ReplyDeleteMeghan- I forgot to say earlier- tell Bela that Frank ran 4 miles this weekend :) Hahaha
Spread the word about the next challenge that starts 11/23- I'm posting the intro/explanation again! Also, if you don't wish to continue with the group, I won't be offended. Just let me know. The last thing I want to do is to annoy you w/ emails & posts if you don't want them.
I didn't get to post yesterday. I gained 1 lb. I am hoping that means I am building muscle! I certainly feel a little stronger each workout than the previous run/bike ride/set of push-ups.
ReplyDeleteI lost another 0.25" from my hips! I don't miss having to pull my jeans out of the dryer while they are still damp in order to avoid negative thoughts about myself. Did you ever have funny thoughts like, if my leg was skinnier it wouldn't take as long to shave my legs? Well, now that my butt is a little smaller, I don't have to fuss with the laundry as much!
Thanks for a great six weeks, everyone, especially Sarah for the great discussion-starters and maintaining the blog. Several of you had big losses and all of you had measurable, meaningful progress! Thanks for all of your encouragement. I'm not going to officially participate in the next challenge, but I'll be aiming for healthy eating, exercising, and faithfully continuing the push-ups/sit-ups program. Good luck to you all, I will be thinking of you.
Down 7 for this challenge. For the next challenge, I will be focusing on measurements more than weight, since I didn't measure for this challenge. It will be fun to see the difference. It will be challenging with it being over the Holidays and my vacay to Cancun. Guess I will just have to behave, which will be good for me.
ReplyDeleteGood job ladies, keep pushing towards those goals!!!!
For those of you in WI, used cross-country skiing equipment sale this Saturday. See madnorski.org for details. The club also has FREE LESSONS, which are a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteWe tried skate skiing for the first time in December. We rented equipment for the weekend from REI, showed up to the MadNorSki beginner lesson, and had a great time. We ended up skiing over six hours in two days and later picked up equipment through craigslist. It is an intense and fun cardio workout, plus we needed something to do outside in the winter.
Hi ladies! I just wanted to say congrats to all of you! I am so amazed at how well everyone has done and I can't wait to start the next challenge. I was not able to weigh in this time or do measurements because of course it had to be that time of month. I am hoping to see some results in the next challenge. I know it is going to be hard but WE CAN DO IT!
ReplyDelete