11/26/09
Feel the Burn Thursday!
Happy Thanksgiving, ladies! How did the Berbee Derby go for you, Amy C., Meghan, & Abrey???!???!?? I hope it felt great. You should be really proud of yourselves. I just got back from a great relaxing jog here on a bike path by my in-laws. A change of scenery is so nice!
I LOVED this article I came across about bouncing back from a Thanksgiving feast. If running isn't your workout of choice, you could easily change it to elliptical training, spinning, biking, walking, anything :)
I love how it's so positive- that our carb loads today can be changed into a great workout tomorrow!
"Alas, you really did get intimate with a gravy boat yesterday. On the bright side, however, your body is perfectly primed for a workout that can burn off a chunk of last night's meal. "With all the potatoes and stuffing, Thanksgiving is a big carbo-load," says McMillan. "That means the glycogen stores that fuel your muscles are full to capacity." In addition to lots of muscle-fueling carbs, your feast contained a good amount of protein, essential for rebuilding muscles that break down during a long run."
They point out that the key, though, is keeping it long and easy, relaxing and cleansing. Try a slow jog outside or yoga!
I am so pumped up for some great workouts this weekend! Burn off all that turkey dinner & then some :) Rejuvenate your resolve. Continue to be thankful.
What workouts have you been doing this week? What are you going to fit in this weekend? Decide now what workouts you're going to do Friday & Saturday :)
I LOVED this article I came across about bouncing back from a Thanksgiving feast. If running isn't your workout of choice, you could easily change it to elliptical training, spinning, biking, walking, anything :)
I love how it's so positive- that our carb loads today can be changed into a great workout tomorrow!
"Alas, you really did get intimate with a gravy boat yesterday. On the bright side, however, your body is perfectly primed for a workout that can burn off a chunk of last night's meal. "With all the potatoes and stuffing, Thanksgiving is a big carbo-load," says McMillan. "That means the glycogen stores that fuel your muscles are full to capacity." In addition to lots of muscle-fueling carbs, your feast contained a good amount of protein, essential for rebuilding muscles that break down during a long run."
They point out that the key, though, is keeping it long and easy, relaxing and cleansing. Try a slow jog outside or yoga!
I am so pumped up for some great workouts this weekend! Burn off all that turkey dinner & then some :) Rejuvenate your resolve. Continue to be thankful.
What workouts have you been doing this week? What are you going to fit in this weekend? Decide now what workouts you're going to do Friday & Saturday :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































Happy Thanksgiving, girls! I am so thankful for each of you!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you have had a wonderful day with friends and family.
ReplyDeleteMy run went pretty well. I was around the time I thought I would be. I had set a goal that was too fast after talking with my SIL last weekend, and I wish I had stuck with the original because I may have been motivated to push a little harder to meet my original goal. Oh well live and learn! Now on to the Jingle Bell Run Dec 12.
I'm not sure what the weekend will bring for workouts. I go back to work tomorrow night for 3 nights. I can usually get a run in at least one of those days. Tomorrow I think I will take the advice of the great article Sarah posted and go for a long run/walk.
Have a great weekend everyone!
I am so glad to report that Berbee Derby went fabulous! My time was almost a full minute and a half faster than last year! So goal was met. I am also going to share the excitement that I accidently got the wrong size shirt and I tried it on and it fit!! Needless to say I had a great day yesterday and had the motivation to make good choices yesterday. I got another workout done today and will play basketball tomorrow! I hope everyone is enjoying some good food and relaxation!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Amy & Abrey! I'm so impressed and excited for both of you! :)
ReplyDeleteThe Berbee Derby was fantastic! It was only my second race and I felt great about everything; the cold weather didn't even matter after we all got going. Everyone was so excited and pumped up. I had a great time for my 5K and can't wait to run it again next year!
ReplyDeleteI was up with the Black Friday shoppers today and filled my day with shopping and the Milwaukee Children's Museum. I love T-Day weekend! I'm looking forward to being home all day tomorrow and decorating for Christmas and getting a long lazy jog in the afternoon!
Great job, ladies! Abrey- I hope you got a picture of you sportin' that skinny shirt looking a fantabulous after your fantastic run! Beating an expectation that you set is AWESOME! Meghan- you are crazy for getting up and shopping this morning! jk I hope you got some good deals! That's a lot of walking, so good for you! Amy C.- I am so proud of you finishing your first race! That feeling must be so great!
ReplyDelete