So anyways, that being said, here we go! Day 1! How are you feeling? Are you excited!!!!???? Please share with us all by commenting on this post why it is that you want to lose your weight goal in this challenge (even if you shared it with us in previous sessions). What are you going to feel like when you hit this goal? What is your motivation?
11/23/09
Day One!
Good morning, ladies! (Usually this will be posted earlier in the morning than today- by 7 am) I am so excited to start up this new challenge! There are some pretty awesome new challengers, so check them out on the right side-bar. I hope you all read the previous post about instructions for getting started- but let me know if you have questions or if you're having a hard time getting the My Fitness Pal profile set up or finding the badge code. I'd be happy to walk you through it. This morning you should have weighed in before breakfast if possible, and measured whatever body parts you want to monitor (we'll measure every 3 weeks only, and weigh in every Monday). Enter in your starting values in My Fitness Pal. If you didn't this morning, no problem, try it tomorrow morning. Check out the link on the left sidebar for accurately weighing and measuring yourself. And at any time when you're on this challenge and it's your time of the month, do yourself a favor and don't step on the scale. Still be good and work hard of course, but just wait and report bigger #s the following week :) The My Fitness Pal (MFP) is kind of a free version of a weight-watchers calorie counting system with a big database of foods and exercises (& of course you can add your own). You'll see you can eat whatever you want as long as you account for it. Whatever calories you burn in exercise you get to eat over and above your daily calorie allottment goal. And over time you'll learn the more wholesome or nutrient-rich your food choices are, the more bang of energy and satisfaction you get for each calorie. It will be a journey of learning and adjusting your body to a healthy lifestyle. Accept now that it won't be without stumbling blocks, plateaus, learning mistakes, etc. A healthy lifestyle change or a weight loss kept off for life journey is a marathon, not a sprint.
So anyways, that being said, here we go! Day 1! How are you feeling? Are you excited!!!!???? Please share with us all by commenting on this post why it is that you want to lose your weight goal in this challenge (even if you shared it with us in previous sessions). What are you going to feel like when you hit this goal? What is your motivation?
I love the mantra "Challenge Your Excuses." This is vinyl lettering on the wall of my office. It's positioned right next to a mirror for maximum in-your-face-ness and self reflection :) If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Each of us has excuses for why we didn't get fit before. Some of ours are the same; some are unique to our individual life. "I'm too tired to workout." "My job is too stressful to eat healthy foods." "Fast food is so much easier than cooking." "My kids only eat junk food." "I will do it tomorrow." Figure out what your excuses are. Maybe write them down. Then make the consious decision to challenge them. We make our own stumbling blocks and only we can overcome them. Challenge your excuses every day. It's a decision every day when you wake up. Are you going to let your excuses win or are you going to beat them? Believe in yourself and in your capacity to beat them- because I know you can ;) We were designed to be in control of our bodies, not the other way around, not to be constant victims of our bodies' whims & cravings.
The BEST thing about this free little group blog is that we're all in the same boat. We're all working to get fit, to let our healthy selves find the way to the surface, and to find that sometimes ellusive self-confidence that hides behind the pounds. Encourage each other. You'll get to know the other challengers a little bit, what they struggle with, what they are doing that works, etc. Celebrate in their successes, be happy for each other, pump each other up. Know that we can't wait to hear all of your joys and little milestones. Swap ideas, recipes, tips, & tricks with each other. There's really only one rule- try to keep comments on here as positive as possible. If you're having a horrible, rotten, good for nothing kind of day, perhaps your describing in detail the ooey-gooey five pizzas you downed all by yourself might not be that uplifting for all of us. Attitudes are contagious. We all have bad days. Still try to find something little that you can say to build yourself up or others up. Or just sit back and let the spirits of the other challengers lift you up. You'll all come and go in cycles. Sometimes you're up and you help lift others up. Sometimes you're down and you are lifted up by others. But that is why this group is so awesome, and why I think this group works so well. We're all on hear waiting to hear how you're doing! We're uplifting each other and keeping ourselves accountable for what we said we were going to do. In light of Thanksgiving, here's a little excerpt from an anonymous Thanksgiving poem I recently received, that made me think of this challenge just starting up fresh and the need to challenge our excuses and be happy on this journey:
Be thankful for your limitations because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary because it means you’ve made a difference.
So anyways, that being said, here we go! Day 1! How are you feeling? Are you excited!!!!???? Please share with us all by commenting on this post why it is that you want to lose your weight goal in this challenge (even if you shared it with us in previous sessions). What are you going to feel like when you hit this goal? What is your motivation?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























I am REALLY excited! This challenge is going to be the most difficult one so far, because it's my last one to hit my final goal and because it falls right at two normally food-centered holidays. But the daunting nature of the challenge really fires me up! I mean, think about it, if we can accomplish our goals during THIS 6 weeks of all the 6 weeks in the year, then we can do ANYTHING! I'm hoping for big #s :) The reason for my wanting to lose weight has been to be fit, athletic, and buff. To feel sexy, look great, and love the way I look. To not feel self-consious (and that's worked beautifully!). To be a healthy body for a pregnancy whenever that day comes. To have the energy to do anything I want whenever I want. To have great running times next year and to be able to complete a century bike ride. Can't wait to hear from you gals!
ReplyDeleteOn a different note, I just wanted to make sure everyone was ok w/ the email notifications from the blog. Some of you are on the list for receiving an email everytime someone comments on the blog. The rest of you are on the list for receiving an email JUST when I post the mail post once a day. Here are the lists:
Dozen Emails a Day (my recommendation but I'm limited to 10 people first come first serve):
1. Jeanie
2. Amy C.
3. Meghan
4. Jen
5. Abrey
6. Shanda
7. Nicki
8. Kim
9. Michele
10. Amy F.
One Email a Day (limited to 10):
1. Maggie
2. Tara
3. Valerie
4. Marianne
Does anyone really strongly want to move to a different list? Or be off the lists all together?
WOOHOO!!! Here we go!! I forgot the challenge was starting over today, so I will take all of my measurements and such tonight. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out since we leave for Mexico this week and then we off to my parents when we get back. So if you don't see my comments posted for some time, I am still alive just not by a computer. Good luck to everyone with this challenge and welcome to those just starting out. You will have so much fun, Sarah ROCKS at getting all kinds of good info for us and inspiration!
ReplyDeleteHi everyone! I'm so so so excited. I've been blog-stalking you all for a few weeks since I had my baby. OK, we're supposed to keep things positive, so... I have already lost all my pregnancy weight (35 pounds) plus 7 more pounds. Don't ask me how... I'm just trying to eat about 5-6 small/healthy meals daily instead of 3 bigger ones. This helps me avoid snacking/binging. Beyond that small effort, I chalk it up to divine intervention. Seriously. :) I did my measurements this morning and they were better than last February before I became pregnant, so I'm excited. Here's to hoping I can keep rolling along and reach my goal! :) I'm so excited to get to know all of you!
ReplyDeleteI am very pumped about this 10 in 6!!! I feel just like you Sarah, near the end and in the toughest part of the race, but I can see the finish line now and there is no way I'm not crossing it!
ReplyDeleteI want to lose this weight b/c I want to be healthy and strong and gorgeous! I also feel like this is one of the greatest challenges of my life and if I can conquer this, I can do just about anything! And I'm close; I can smell it. Let me tell you . . . it smells so good!!!
I love this blog. It's one of the best weight loss tools I know of and it works! Support has an amazing effect on progress and we are all here to support each other along this process.
Let's all start strong and stay tough through these upcoming weeks!
Yeah!!! So excited to be jumping in again!!! I'm in Delaware right now for a job interview with my husband and I won't be near a scale for a few more days, so I'll do measurements and weight when I get home. Just wanted to tell you all I'm excited to be doing this again with you, as well as looking forward to hearing from you new challengers! Good luck everyone!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to losing all 10 pound this time around. I'm really not focusing on the weight, but it seems I have gained 5 pound in 2 days!!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to feeling more confident in my appearance, energetic, healthy and like my pants are falling off!!!
Nicki, I hope you are hating Delaware. J/K though I wish you weren't interviewing. I just saw you mom come home with the kids. Everyone looks good and your house is intact from what I can see....
Hello Lovely Ladies! I am really excited that the blog is back and the challenge is on! I hadn't realized how much I looked foward to reading all the great emails until I didn't get any last week.
ReplyDeleteFor this challenge I am going to lose 10lbs! I have a cruise coming up in Febraury and I am going to buy a hot new swim suit and I will not be embarassed! This blog has been all the difference this time with my mental focus on being healthy. I can feel the difference. I will achieve my goal! We all can achieve our goals!
GO Sarah and Meghan!! You both are inspiring being so close to your goals! Challenge your excuses and push hard till the end!!
Well I completely overslept this morning but I'm pumped to get going tomorrow. I am really looking forward to this challenge. My end present to myself will be going out on a really nice date with my boy and getting all dolled up!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to start this next challenge especially since I am already down from the last challenge! Yay!!! Hopefully I can keep heading in that direction with the Holidays approaching. It's going to be tough but I can do it, we all can!
ReplyDeleteOne of the reasons I want to lose weight is so that I can feel good about myself physically, mentally and emotionally. To regain my confidence and not feel bad about myself inside or out would just be the best feeling ever! I also want to do this for my family and be an example to them of how to live a healthy lifestyle. I don't want them to go through life always making excuses like I have and so it starts with me. I can make a difference and break the mold and I WILL! I'm looking forward to doing this with all you wonderful ladies! So let's do it!
Ok, so I totally forgot we were starting yesterday! So I weighed today...
ReplyDeleteThis is my 2nd challenge, and I have to say honestly that I lost a little of my self motivation at the end of the last challenge because of discouragement. But I'm glad that everyone is pumped and ready to go!
My knee is much better after falling during the last 2 weeks of the last challenge, so I'm ready to get going with exercise. I did start running in intervals last week, and that was tough, but the time when by fast, so I'm excited to continue to build up my endurance.
I am doing this because I'm tired of being so self conscious about the way I look. I want to feel like my husband is proud of me for the way I look and the things I do. I want to do this to find a happier me. I am doing this for my kids to be an example to them - and my hubby! ;) I'm doing this because I need to.
I'm excited to see everyone's progress! I'm terrified of the holidays, so help me through them! (I just love food way too much!) Glad to be back!
Here I am sorry I'm late. I always Weigh in on Fridays and wasnt sure i wanted to this week but I did and I lost 2 pounds this week even though I had thanksgiving dinner the day before. I have been sick all week so that has helped. I'm scared I will gain it back once I start feeling better. Sigh. Anyways I'm so excited for this 10 in 6 because that will put me just under my pre pregnancy weight! I still have tons more weight to lose after that but it will make me happier to at least be rid of all that weight from my pregnancy. Good luck ladys!
ReplyDelete